Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 49: Шуба Шопинг

That is shuba shopping for the uninitiated. Don't judge me immediately and keep in mind that I do live in one of the world's harshest climates. Today, I went to the market to look at fur coats. Ooooh! They are soft and beautiful and warm (and, even in the off season, good ones are pricey). I haven't yet decided if I can really lay down the requisite cash to hang one in my closet. Friends and colleagues all swear that there is nothing warmer. I'm told that every woman in Kazakhstan has one to keep warm in the cold months.

After trying on a few styles in four or five shops, I did find one lovely black "норка" that caught my eye. A mink swing coat with an internal cinch rather than a belt (kind of an A line) with sumptuous hood that tucks up under the chin. If I succumb, pictures are soon forthcoming. For now, the coat is still under consideration. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sounds like it might be good local knowledge to use! But then again I hate being cold!

What is that noise encircling our home?

Screeching around our home, the cicadas that come with the onset of the rainy season sound like an army of broken hard drives droning in fr...