Thursday, August 31, 2006

24 hours later

The last 24 hours have been extremely full of newness. Estonia is completely wonderful, even in the rain. I haven't yet made it to my new hometown in Tartu, but Tallinn is gorgeous. The architecture is old and interesting, everything is very luscious and green, people are pleasant and helpful, there is extremely yummy black bread with seeds, the old town is filled with old churches, tiny shops, cafes, and tourists, and my hotel has a gravity free chair, a whirlpool bath, comfy robes, and complimentary wireless! All said, I have a good feeling about the next ten months I'll be spending here. Tomorrow, I am off to more newness in Tartu where I'll meet the university and move into my apartment there. Stay tuned ...

Check out www.visitestonia.com or www.riik.ee/en/
for more information about Estonia.

6 comments:

helpeverhurtnever said...

This blog is really cool Jennifer. Man you are professional. You know I wish you only the best!!! See you in Estonia, ha!

Fuzz said...

Hey Jenn, way to go with getting the blog up and running. I'm impressed with the subscription feature that you've added so early. If you start checking out others' blogs, you'll find other cool things and figure out how to add them to yours. In response to your "beginnings" post, I found that my blog did not replace my pen and paper blog. They had different voices: my blog had to be edited for the colleagues I worked with and politically-sensitive family members; in my journal I wrote down EVERTHING! Then there was my teaching journal. All that writing made me want to write a book! Stay tuned for that one. Your friend, Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hello from Oceanside! I enjoy reading your lovely notes. Keep sending more!

Cris said...

Hi Jenn. Glad to see things have started out so well. Tyler and I are also living it up hotel style, at the Marriott in Guatemala City, before heading to Xela on Sept. 7th. However, we didn't get robes nor complimentary wireless. (Wi-Fi is $35.00 for the week.)We're enjoying the rain here, too, in 70 degree weather. :)

Anonymous said...

Hei, Jenn, good luck with your new double adventure - Estonia plus Weblogg-ia! All the best from sunny Craiova and I look forward to receiving (daily:)) posts from you!

L Lawson said...

Wow! Estonia sounds amazing. Can't wait to come visit.

LL

What is that noise encircling our home?

Screeching around our home, the cicadas that come with the onset of the rainy season sound like an army of broken hard drives droning in fr...