Friday, September 25, 2020

Update: The next day it rained.

 Not long after I posted. Less that 24 hours after I posted. 

It rained.

For four glorious days, the parched earth and dust gave way to sweet droplets of rain. The fragrance. The decadence. 

On Monday, I had to drop something off at work quickly. When I exited the building, there were clouds rumbling. By the time I reached our apartment, the sky was sputtering. I arrived to run raggedly through the house shouting to my husband about the rain when everything opened and it poured. 

Really there is nothing sweeter. Nothing more refreshing. More nourishing. 

Than the first rain.

No comments:

What is that noise encircling our home?

Screeching around our home, the cicadas that come with the onset of the rainy season sound like an army of broken hard drives droning in fr...